Some biab Ideas.

(i won't go into previous wishes/product ideas…just hope i might see them at same point.)

let me say having gone thru' the new feature vids re 2023…there are lots of nice features. just a few ideas.

1..it would be nice instead of using a edit menu dialog to copy/move traks to other traks..how about this ?
lets say i want to copy or move legacy piano trak to utility trak 4..how about drag with mouse piano trak name to utility 4 name…then,a little window pops up with just 2 options.
ie..'do you want to copy OR move ?' and user selects option.

2..i would like the audit editing features to become more daw like...particular re audio editing of sliced up clips. (eg vocs.)
ie its nice to see vol automation but, having used such many times in the past i like how some daws do it.
see my comment to Jeff Y for more details..
re special editing icons for realband. ie...
PG Music Product Forums » RealBand » RB ignores F5 commands..page 2.

3..one thing that troubles me is rests/shots/holds etc.
eg if i want only say a agogo playing at begin of song for first 4 bars… on utility trak 1 AND i have other instruments on several other utility traks then i would have to silence the other utility traks for the first 4 bars using the biab audio editor correct ?? legacy traks no prob…thus my question…
why cant i just put into chord sheet for 4 bars eg…
c.u1 c.u1 c.u1 c.u1. ie only play utility 1 for 4 bars…wouldnt this save a number of audio editor steps ?
ie thus using the existing nomenclature of legacy traks that we are all familiar with ?
please correct me if i'm missing something.

reason i mention above is looking at the 2023 new features vids that there seems to be lots of activity occurring in the audio editor.
and i'm wondering how things might be simplified. eg rests/shots/holds/pushes/copies/moves/parts of a track ie clips. etc. maybe i'm missing something ?

one BIG THING//approach i like with 2023 biab feature set is less generation of wav files ie saving the user disc space. this is v nice.

have a happy 2023.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 02/05/23 02:40 PM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)