Proposition is to use stems of existing MIDI styles as tracks.
Existing method is working, but workflow is simply absurd.

I propose a non-modal module (meaning you can do other things in arrangement similar to new Partial Regen)
In that module you will have curated list of MIDI stems derived from PG midi styles and others*, that you can audition in the context of existing arrangement (chord sheet), using selectable internal synth, which could use PG branded HQ sounds or directly through Default or selected plugin on a particular track. Placing desired stem to any empty track. Since it could be non modal, you can continue audition other stems and placing them on other tracks, without closing out of that module.

A good start would be pianos and other keys as they can be easily re-voiced to many other instruments. Later list of these stems could be expanded to other instruments found in MIDI styles.

A user should be able to save pulled stem as a User track (not rendered audio!) to be used with any other composition.

It seems at one point PG team started tackling the idea, coming up with "Presets" in Custom Midi dialog, but that is still very raw, with those abra cadabra names and string search madness, no preview and other unintuitive workflow issues.

The existing PG MIDI content is huge (I am not talking about Super Midi). So what I am proposing is not something from science fiction. The idea is to be able to use existing content with ease. As of now, it feels that MIDI content is simply lost for most people.

Here is a video demoing existing workflow for using / extracting stems. Sorry a bit raw, I am not a content maker smile

And here is a basic idea sketch for the module:

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
module1.jpg (72.44 KB, 224 downloads)