Dan, many of us are using Studio One because of Cakewalk Sonar's failure. I have had a copy of Reaper for years but just found Sonar more intuitive to use. When Sonar went bankrupt I moved to Studio One.

As far as cost goes, what we pay for a DAW is a minor part of the total cost of just software no matter what DAW you use. That says nothing about the cost of instruments. Matt most likely has a small fortune invested in horns. I have a ton of money invested in guitars and amps. So...the DAWs are not a material amount of money in relation to the other cost.

It is becoming expensive to have this music hobby. I just paid close to $300 for four vacuum tubes for a new amp I am building. The two stupid little three-string-guitars I just finished building most likely cost two or three hundred dollars in parts.

Every year or so I buy another version of BIAB at whatever audiophile cost.

Homeowner's insurance doubled this year. Car insurance went up by $400 a year. Electricity is up by $100 a month. The cost of living is out of control no matter how much money you make.

I did buy a two-dollar Powerball ticket for the billion-dollar jackpot...lol

I am 78 and still working, not every day but...

Cheers,

Billy

EDIT: Here is a photo of the four hundred drawers of electronic parts I have collected over the last ten years. God only knows what all that stuff costs...lol

Last edited by Planobilly; 07/19/23 04:01 PM.

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo