I have just purchased EZDrummer and have installed it as a VSTi plugin to Real Band. It sounds great and makes the drum backings in the styles using Midi sound about as good as the Real Band tracks which has increased the number of useful styles many fold. That is the good news.

After installation I could access the EZDrummer groove library from within Real Band and could drag and drop the drum grooves into RB tracks. There was a problem in that each time a pattern was dragged and dropped from RB the previous pattern was deleted so I had to do the initial drag into a temporary RB track copy it then past into the actual drum track.

During this copy and paste process I noticed if the cursor was not in the correct position RB would crash sometimes even requiring a total PC reboot. Also after using RB to make some other songs using real drums when trying to use the EZDrummer plug in from RB to access the EZ grooves this no longer worked. The work around was to run EZ in the supplied Solo program.