Quote:

Can I still quickly and easily build a drum track by dragging and dropping groove and fills from EZD?

I don't use EZD but if you are using the correct terminology here and are referring to actual midi file "groove clips" that are stored inside a folder in EZD then yes, you can do that because a 2 or 4 bar drum clip is just another midi file and RB will handle those just fine and you can load one of those up and copy and paste it to fill up your song. BUT and this is important, if you're talking about EZD generating and recording a midi drum part as the music is playing, that's what RB doesn't support. Simply setting both to the same tempo doesn't help at least with my Jamstix it doesn't. What it does support is using EZD as a sound module to play back an existing midi drum part like one created by Biab or simply a midi file you found on the internet. This is still very useful because Biab has thousands of styles and each one has it's own substyles. Each style is capable of creating a different midi drum part and by using the chord grid you can put fills and/or a substyle wherever you want. Think of it as using the Biab "brain" instead of the EZD "brain" to create your drum part. Another thing, those Biab parts were created by a live drummer on a midi drum kit and sound great. EZD can be set up on one track or several different tracks to play those Biab created midi drum parts. RB allows you to cut and paste different sections of several tracks if you want to create one good part.
Yes it is annoying to me and others that RB won't let us use the brains inside these VSTi's to create separate parts but Biab is also an excellent drum machine in it's own right. Still, it won't allow me to easily go into the drums and change just the hi hat part or the the kick like Jamstix will without actually editing the style and that is clumsy when I just want to hear what a particular change sounds like. JS has killer controls to change a part using individual drums, velocity, manage the weighting between the kick and snare or other parts, all kinds of cool stuff and right now that won't work in RB.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.