Well this is the scenario from hell if I ever saw one.

I just upgraded to BIAB 2024 last week, installed it and used one of my 3 activation's to get it going.

Well last night I walked over to my desktop to turn it on, not knowing that it actually was in a sleep mode. Well with 30% humidity in the room and after walking across the carpet you can only guess the ending.

The spark from my fingertip blew out the CPU and one of the SSD's (my E drive) that just happened to have an image of my C drive from 2 days earlier.

I was able to verify the CPU demise using an identical spare motherboard.

I had planned to upgrade this 13 year old dinosaur in 2024 anyways. In the meantime, I restored a 6 month old image to my standby laptop using a bare metal install and it works just fine.

Now the C drive from the desktop is intact so the Ticket in Users-Public-Ticket is just fine and has both the the 2023 and 2024 full tickets and bin files are there.

But I am sure I just wasted one of the activation's since the crash happened on the desktop PC

My next step is to copy my entire BB directory to the C drive in the laptop including the files in the ticket directory but I will bet even money after this is done, it will show a non-activated status and I will have to use a 2nd activation to get back in business.

Keep this in mind during the winter months with very low humidity. Watch for static electricity build up on your person. I keep a full room humidifier in the room for acoustic instruments but it had been off for a few hours and with the heat on, the humidity dropped to a dangerous level.

When sparks fly, electronics die.

I wonder if PG Music would restore the used and needlessly wasted activation for me for a XMAS present.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Motherboard.jpeg (101.34 KB, 114 downloads)
Humidifier.jpeg (66.44 KB, 114 downloads)

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB