Hey Pat,

Thank you!

"Spoken" lyrics in the style of Beth Neilsen Chapman definitely seem to work for me. By presenting lyrics in this manner, I lose all self-consciousness and can "sing" the lyrics in exactly the way that I like. It makes me feel that for once, I'm an "adequate" singer. I like it

It's interesting that you mentioned dogs dying, trains wrecking and wives leaving! When I was writing this song, I couldn't stop thinking that I needed to me more... umm... miserable(?) in my presentation. I couldn't make it work though. Ultimately, I guess I like my work to have a more positive feeling. Next time I'm a bit down in the dumps, I'll try an authentic Blues work For the moment, pinks or yellows suit just fine!

I'm real glad that you enjoyed listening to the song and I'm very appreciative of your feedback. As a consequence, I have just entered this song in a competition! Who knows what will happen. As they say, "You've got to be in it to win it". I won't hold my breath, though, because then it might REALLY be a case of the blues (in a non-breathing, terminal kind of way).

Best wishes
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024