Quote:

I'm real glad that you enjoyed listening to the song and I'm very appreciative of your feedback. As a consequence, I have just entered this song in a competition! Who knows what will happen. As they say, "You've got to be in it to win it". I won't hold my breath, though, because then it might REALLY be a case of the blues (in a non-breathing, terminal kind of way).

Best wishes
Noel

If I were the superstitious sort, I'd say "break a leg", but since I'm not, I wish you the best of luck . I think that your approach to songwriting will lead to respectable results in competition. The music industry is cliche-ridden, and judges in such events tend to disdain what they've heard over and over. What they want to hear is new music that doesn't violate the fundamental principles of good music, but which still manages to bring something fresh and unexpected to the mix. To *my* ear, your songs consistently do that.

Put yourself in the role of the judge. Go to songramp and listen to a hundred songs in one sitting. Ask yourself why you enjoyed some but not others.

I respect the effort you are spending toward this goal, and I wish you all the best