Originally Posted by tommyad
Alan, This is a beautiful instrumental. Your work with these real tracks is nothing short of amazing. Your combinations of instruments always seems the perfect fit. You wouldn't be able to do this without years of extensive musical knowledge. Very well done and extremely pleasant to the ears, Tom

Hi Tom,

That's so very kind of you to say. I'm very happy you liked the song. I hope this doesn't sound too self-serving, but I can pretty much hear the instrumental combinations in my head before I ever put them into use. It's the same with chords and chord progressions. I pretty much know what the chords sound like before I even play them (in combination with other iterations of the song project). I can't really explain it beyond that. I know no music theory whatsoever, cannot read nor write notation, etc.

I think it might be attributed to 50+ years of playing in bands plus a minimum of one hour of practice almost every day. Also, I like so many genres of music. I do a little trad Country, Modern Country, Smooth Jazz, and Smooth RnB every practice session. There are atypical nuances that can be used (sometimes slightly altered) from one genre to the next that might not be a common practice among traditional composers. I put this song together in less than four hours from first thought to what you hear. Okay, done rambling. In summation, I guess I just have a gift for hearing things that usually work musically.

Again, thank you very much for the wonderful comments!

Best to you.

Alan

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops