There are five (5) checkboxes available with Custom Installation:
1. BIAB + Realband, DAW plugins, RealTrack files, Real Drums, Super Tracks, Artist Perf., other BIAB addons.
2. Hi-Q inst. for Sforzando
3. Playable Realtracks Set 1 for Sforzando
4. Playable Realtracks Set 2 for Sforzando
5. Playable Realtracks Set 3 for Sforzando

So right away it's not looking good. I didn't go beyond this screen.
For 1. I don't want all the RealTrack and Real Drums files installed and I don't know what the other files are for?
For 2. I don't know what it is talking about.
For 3. I don't know if I need/want any of these files?
For 4. I don't know if I need/want any of these files?
For 5. I don't know if I need/want any of these files?

The Setup.exe on the hard drive runs these installers (see image below). bandinabox_realband_setup is the main Band-in-a-Box installer. HiQ and Playable RealTracks are essentially MIDI instruments that work with the Sforzando MIDI sample player. You can install them later or never. My suggestion is to de-select the Playable RealTracks, but leave HiQ selected. This is about 1 GB installed, and some styles call for HiQ instruments especially those that use MIDI SuperTracks. But if you know that you won't be using MIDI at all (only RealTracks), then just de-select it. Totally fine.

[Linked Image from nn.pgmusic.com]

=========================

Then select the "minimal" install option for Band-in-a-Box as pictured below. This is the default. Then you are finished installing, if you are running it from the shipped SSD.

[Linked Image from nn.pgmusic.com]

==========================

I want to also install on my c: drive all the jazz Real track bass, drums and piano, no other Real tracks.

This is not that easy. We don't have an option to copy only Jazz material (or only Country, etc.), and doing it manually you are likely to miss certain files and get a lot of messages about missing files. You bought the UltraPAK, you should use it - it's going to run a lot smoother than trying to put together a custom folder manually.

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 01/22/24 12:51 PM.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.