Originally Posted by Noel96
L2L,

I remember reading a post a couple of years ago about a problem created by a mismatch in resolution of MIDI data.

Given that you have high resolution input, it may be that you need to match that PPQ (parts per quarter note) in BIAB. (This is what solved the problem for the user in the past.) This mismatch in PPQ resolution could also explain why you are getting multiple notes happening as a single event (i.e. high resolution PPQ data being reduced to lower resolution PPQ data).

Under "Options | Preferences", choose "Midi file" and try setting BIAB's PPQ to a much higher resolution. By default, BIAB uses 120 PPQ. It might be that you need to run this setting at 1920. Also check your keyboard and VSTi/DXI softsynth to see if these also need to be matched.

Regards,
--Noel

That was a great suggestion, but unfortunately, it did not solve the problem. I don't have to even be playing a single note repeatedly; it occurs (the MIDI recording stops in the middle of the song) when I am playing anything - not even just fast notes. This stops the entire song waiting for me to click on the pop-up dialog box as to whether I want to save the recording. Then, when I close the dialog box, the song continues to play. Somehow, BIAB is getting a signal to STOP RECORDING, but I don't know what it is interpreting in my playing as that command. So weird. I'm not giving up yet, but I'm getting close. I have a 2014 version of BIAB that works fine (without changing the PPQ settings) so I'm starting to think the upgrade has done nothing but create headaches. It would be interesting to see another Casio PX-S5000 user try to duplicate the issue.

Last edited by Lot2Learn; 01/26/24 09:14 AM.