Hi,

I am a new BIAB user but have some familiarity with it from a few years back. I currently have BIAB 2021 (that I am finally getting a chance to use regularly) and am currently using it to produce backing tracks based on midi files I have used to import chords from. I am using a midi controller to play along with the backing track for learning songs and then recording/videotaping myself. Being a huge Ellington fan, one of my favorite ballads is "Mood Indigo". I have a midi file of Mood Indigo that basically plays the piano chords melodically throughout the entire song. I have imported the chords into BIAB and have selected a Slow Jazz Ballad style to use as a backing track.

What I would like to do next is to create a soloist track for piano and use it in maybe the 2nd or 3rd chorus of the song (I would just play the chords in the first), but I would like it to be closely based on the melody. That way I could learn it and play it as a solo myself in the 2nd or 3rd chorus and then record it.

I have previously tried to generate a piano solo in BIAB using the "Select Soloist" feature, while selecting the "Around Melody" option in the "Solo Mode" section, but melodically, it is not what I want.

Is there a more correct way of accomplishing this? Is there a hidden feature or setting I am missing that would help accomplish this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

demitch256