Janice is now on around 40 Spotify playlists so I occasionally search around the net on her name and sometimes find blog posts, etc., about her that we weren't aware of. Yesterday, and I have no idea how I've missed it, I discovered that her song The Right Track (co-written with floyd jane) has been on an album (last song in photo) and for sale since 2019 by ZDigital. They sell digital downloads in several countries. Hmmmm ... it's not a cover of the song but our actual recording. Then I found that Amazon had a now d/c CD of it for sale ... Hmmmm ... again.

After a LOT of pondering I think that it may be a result of our Songtradr licensing but I'm gonna have to do a deep dive into our statements from them that I never read in detail given the charitably stated modest income. smile

Anyhow, I thought this might be of some interest. Ya never know.

Bud

EDIT: I've resolved the perceived issue with a little research. In 2018 I added several songs to Songtradr’s "monetization option." Quite a few of our songs were licensed for overhead music around the planet and those have generated a little income. I’m able to see which companies, e.g., Mood Media licensed them. There is also a “compilation album” section and apparently this song was licensed through it although ST does not indicate the specific album. So nothing has been misappropriated ... so I can spend those couple of bucks in joy. smile

[Linked Image from janiceandbud.com]