Hi Marty, Mario, Bass Thumper, J&B and David,

Little late in my response to your very kind posts. There are excuses for that, but still I'm a bit late.
But I want to thank you for what you wrote and will write something personal under your post;

Originally Posted by BabuMusic
Oh, Mr. Hans, I love your work. I've been a fan of your music for a long time, and now these outstanding videos you're making add to the enjoyment. And then you elevate my respect even higher by bringing in Anne-Marie to dress up your song. Great idea with glorious results. I'm also so grateful you let me listen to these as they develop --as if I need to be more impressed.

Marty, it is very important you're able to listen to the making of this song! You are always positive, but I think I can read between your lines sometimes. That has it's impact on the result. Thanks for that and the nice things you wrote here.

Originally Posted by MarioD
Hans, you and Ann Marie make beautiful music together!
Both vocals were spot on.
I really liked that intro!
Outstanding lyrics (I can relate) and mix.

PS - I don't mind growing older its just the body falling apart that hurts!

Hi Mario, Thanks for this, but your PS is what stayed in my mind. You said it so well (and painfull). But there is one nice thing here; you're not alone...

Originally Posted by Bass Thumper
This is a timeless song with very impressive vocal work.
You and Anne-Marie are a great team.
Well done.

Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
James 4:14

Hi BT, thanks for the nice words on the song and also your saying from James 4:14 (we call him Jacob here, I think). That's all true, but luckily we hope we are more than that vapor, otherwise we won't get anywhere (during our lifes)

Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
“When aging arrives, its grip is unkind”
The above says it well!

Y’all sound great together, Hans. Both of you are such soulful singers.
The lyric is certainly relatable and the band is excellent.
The cello and piano are perfect for the mood and the banjo was surprisingly a good fit.

We enjoyed the video too, especially the end with the people reading the books following the line of “my words will become my legacy” and, of course, the cute cat.
Now let’s all remember that we can still be young at heart. 😊

Good one!
J&B

Hi Bud and Janice, it was a little struggle to get the lyrics this way, in English and rhyming too. That's how I came to the word 'unkind' in relation to 'mind'. I was a bit fond of that. And now you picked that line! Funny...
Same kind of story on the instruments. I like strings a lot, also those electric guitars, but still I missed something. A subte different sound. And that turned out to be the banjo.
Maybe you noticed I mostly have a cat in my videos. This one was very lovely. Thanks for noticing!
And I fully agree with your last sentence. I like humor too ;-)

Originally Posted by David Snyder
Hey you two sound really good together on this!
Much enjoyed.
Great production and performances all around.

Hello David, Anne-Marie did a marvelous job on this song. And her BG-vocals after the solo really did a lot to the song. I gave her a concept of the song, with BG-vocals from me. But I said; you can remove everything (except the lead vocals) and surprise me. She did!!! Thanks for what you wrote on it.

I hope we will have nice weather one day, but until then I hope you have a very nice day for now,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130