Lots of artists in the 60's and 70's did their thing and the other musicians were background and not really thought about. I was a huge Gordon Lightfoot fan in the 60's and 70's and he often played solo. Same for lots of duos. Neil Young appears alone a lot. Bruce Cockburn just did a gig here with just him and an acoustic guitar.

I use(d) Audacity and my sound system to record live a lot before the cancer took my voice. Remains to be seen if it comes back. I was recording a 'cd' for my 83 year old Mom who's been bugging me for it. Too bad this happened so fast, one day I'm fine a week later I'm not. Oh well, I'm still sort of kicking although I can't get over being angry about when it happened.

The use of the software can provide you with nice backing tracks. I just did a few songs for repetoire, like Foolish Things, render to .wav, convert to mp3 using Band in a Box and then take them up to the accoustic piano and stick them in the little bose radio/cd/ mp3 player. Works great. I get about 12 songs average 5 mins each and use that to play piano bar. At the moment I can stick to the real keys too, cause I don't have to transpose them for my voice, which might be a silver lining. I was having a lot of fun using Tiger w. and changing the words to Makin Woopie to that's what you get for putting around. He doesn't make much money, only 60 million per...give 80 to her..LOL.

If you can't make decent backing tracks with this software I'll eat my hat, wait ....I'm getting a chocolate one.

John Conley
Musica est vita