The real sounding midi is an age old arguement, that will never end. some sounds better than others, and some worse, still the flexability of midi is outstanding. I use better synths and constantly tweak them, as it is anever ending journey. I did a cover of Johnny B. goode a few years ago and beleive it or not the guitar lead was midi and sounded very nice (for midi) http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=468247&T=1179 Listen to it, sure it sounds like midi but not that bad (cept the singing) I have done other midi leads that sound not so good. If you are going to find fault with every nuance of the process, you should take up tennis, seriously it will drive you wild.

Do you play all the instruments? If so then play everything live and do not use midi, if you are not a f instrument player then do the best you can use mid where it works, use RTs where they work, use loops where they fit, play what you can. You have to realize that midi is midi, learn to use it and where to use it, also remember that if you play live on most sound systems it all starts to sound the same after a while and no one cares.

Unexciting, that is what i hear on the radio all the time, kinda make BiaB folks in good company.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.