"Surely bob Dylan has proven himself to be one of the worlds great songwriters, Band In A BOX would only then be an extension of his ability, I havent seen him relesae an album using BIAB yet, but it may be coming, due to this post."

That is the sillyist thing i have ever heard. Bob Dylan is a long time professional musician, who records in a pro studio with a group of very talented musicians. You are a one instrument player who has no one else to play with, like a lot of us, we play alone. Most of us have limited talent. I play the guitar and the bass, and a little piano, and a little drums. But i do not play all of them well enough to turn out high end stuff. Evidently you are in the same boat.

If you want to be a singer song writer, you can play the guitar, fake the bass and piano, and program EZ drummer, or use a program like BiaB to build the track base, drums and piano, and bass and overdub guitar tracks to it and sing over it. The problem is that if you are a mediocre bass and piano player, you will get less than stellar results. So if the BiaB tracks are a tad mechanical, that is still usually better than poorly played and badly recorded tracks. I think you are being a way bit over critical of some of the music on this site. Sure most of the tracks are less than commercial grade, but some of the tracks are fairly decent. Most of these folks if they were to really have the desire they could mix and master the stuff and get better results.

Guys Like Carlos., Mike the Sax dude, and a few others can make great tracks. That proves it can be done. I remember this same old tired conversation over Loop based recording at Acidplanet.com, and the same over midi at cakewalk. Tools do not build a house carpenters do.

My suggestion for you is to prove it to. Make some great rock tracks. Hone your skills! Or muddle thru some average skill played bass piano, and programmed drum track and live with that.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.