Quote:

Here I was thinking this was the place to come for assistance and 411 on the pgmusic line.

it is exactly that

Quote:

what i found is it's a hangout where people come to B.S.

You're right that many of the people here have come to enjoy one another's friendship and wisdom, so it is a bit like a club. But in my observation, everyone who has joined and interacted in a kind and respectful way has fit right in.

Quote:

and dont dare ask a question about the value of the software, or the swat team will come and surround ya.

lots of people ask questions here without stirring up trouble. In fact the vast majority of questions get asked and answered here with mutual respect. Almost all of them. 99.99999%

Quote:

online forums are really hilarious. No matter what the subject is, it could be fishing, it could automobiles, it could be a product forum, they all turn into virtual bars, where people come to meet people cause they cant in real life, and a place where the other users can be their bartender/therapist.

we all know why WE'RE here.. (to learn from others and share what we've learned ) but why are you here?

Quote:

And you have a dispute with one, they all have a dispute with ya.

There's an old saying that goes something like this:
If you have a problem with one person, you might chalk it up to personality differences.
If you have a problem with two people, you might just be having a bad day.
But if you have a problem with EVERYBODY, you should consider the statistical improbability that the whole world is wrong while you are the only one who's right. Therefore, if ALL your interactions go south, you are the only common denominator in all those interactions. Just a thought.

Quote:

Always admired the one's who could care a less what everyone else thinks, they treat u like an invididual.

yes, that is an admirable trait. I find that interaction is a lot like an echo... you tend to get back what you send out. Best way to receive kindness and respect is to send those things out.

Quote:

But u'd be surprised how many people have no interest in the forum subject they particiapte in, they just go cause people are talking and somebody might listen to them

"some times you wanna go, where everybody knows your name"

I think there's truth in that statement.

On a different note, I liked the clips you posted. I think that BIAB and REAL BAND can help you accomplish the goal you are after if you take time to learn the programs. RealTracks are a bit like LEGOs... don't confuse the quality of the building blocks with the quality of the projects built from them. It is possible to build a bad looking lego project from perfectly good legos. Song writing is a skill, and some use the building blocks of song writing more skillfully than others. The quality of your songs will be determined by your own skill level. IMHO, BIAB provides an excellent set of blocks to build with.

I hope that whatever answers you came looking for have been answered satisfactorily