I'll forget everything that's been said and I'll address your original post. For some reason I missed it until the flames were flying. There is a caveat. If you are sincere say so drop this thread and we'll all move on. If you're not sincere please just leave.

Quote:

all sound great, but I dont see/hear anybody being able to get the sound they produce on those demo videos. They probably take the tracks and mix them and master them in a pro studio.

The people that do these are pros at it.

Quote:

They sound pretty close to real on those videos but all the stuff I hear with people using it sound like
maybe a tad above an auto arrangement you might find on a casio keyboard or something like that.

A might inflammatory. Some are not good but to say all is not accurate. You have not been around long enough to make that judgment.

Quote:

I think it's partially do to the fact that people still use midi mixed with their tracks which if you're doing covers, you probably have to do that, but I wanna hear a regular joe get the same results they are getting in those videos.

A regular Joe can't. They don't have all the skills especially in production.

I actually think Mac spelled it out quite nicely. The results are going to depend on your level of expertise and you better be top notch at everything. I'm sure there are a limited number of people using BIAB or RB to do pro recordings but there not going to give it away here if they even come here. I think once a person reaches the level of expertise to use these tools to do something really pro they won't.

Last but not least. It's a hell of a lot of fun to see just what you can do with it. I brought my lappy to a friend that has a band with a BIG sound system. It blew their minds. They are slightly above amateur and play the local clubs. My Real Band was 10 times above them.

OK PITB either lets move on productively or please just move on.
Thanks

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php