The Leslie effect on that thing isn't superb, but not many simulators are.

That said, most who don't like Leslie simulators are falling victim to the use of those #$@!% "keyboard amplifiers" that sum the signal to MONO output.

Use of both stereo L and R outputs to full stereo onstage - and NOT a stereo pa front, which is typically spread out way too far for a good Leslie sim, no, a separate stereo keyboard amp with both L and R speakers ON THE STAGE with you, will make huge difference. I like to place both speakers directly behind me, pointing stage left and stage right, back-to-back when using simulated Leslie. If the room need more projection, then I turn 'em at about a 37 to 45 degree angle, still facing away from each other.

You can hear the CASIO's stereo leslie sim effect easily when auditioning one, since there is a stereo pair of small speakers right in the top of the deck.

But if you plug it into a monophonic amp at the gig, what comes out will not sound like a Leslie.

Because the mono amp can only produce the Tremulant component of what a Leslie gives us, which translates to a rather lame "Guitar Amp Tremelo" kind of sound, almost. NO Doppler. No spatial Frequency Modulation, just Amplitude Modulation with a strange warble added to it.

The real Leslie speaker literally throws the sound around. You need Stereo reproduction to properly simulate that.

--Mac