Dear All,

There appear to have been some changes in ways of increasing the volume of rendered all-RT files in the latest versions (I'm using 304).

I need the maximum possible volume in my rendered WAV-files. Previously I used to set "Adjust Audio Track Volume" (in the .WAV Render-to-audio-file dialogue box) to 29 or 30 dB, and that achieved a very marked increase in rendered-volume, no problem.

With the latest version, that control doesn't seem to work. Is that right ? Is it now disabled for RT's, even though it still appears as an option in the dialogue box ?

Instead, I've found that setting the new "Boost All files amplitude by" (in the same .WAV dialogue box) to 24dB (the maximum allowable) does increase the volume of the rendered files significantly.

I've also investigated the new "Normalize" tick-box - which claims to increase the volume of the rendered file "to the maximum" - but, in my researches so far, doesn't at all !

In sum, the "Boost All Files Amplitude by" seems to be the only way to get significant volume increase in rendered (RT-only) WAV files. Is that right ?

I'd be grateful if someone could comment on how these three rendered-volume options work, and the changes from earlier releases. (Or if you think there's something wrong with my installation, do please let me know !)

Grateful Thanks as ever - Best - Andy

l