Hi Andy,

I was using the DAW plug-in to drag the Midi Style SARAH1 into Sonar. I noticed that the Piano part in that style was much quieter than the others when translated to Audio. I also noticed that all my TTS-1 midi levels in the synth were automatically reduced to 90, automatically after I did a combo drag from BiaB. Not sure why rendering midi to audio should change the level settngs in the synth. The waveform of the piano when dragged in to Sonar was noticeably thin and when all the intruments were played the piano was harder to hear. Some of it was just competing for space in the mix, but the waveform made the differences in sound levels more obvious. Using the normailze setting didn't appear to help anything, raising the volume levels for the Piano channel didn't work as they just got reset to 90. I tried adjusting the Boost amplitude setting in the Render to audio dialog and that is the only thing that worked for me.

I haven't done this sort of thing much, but expect to be doing more of it and I can't help wonder if some things have changed in the volume aspect or not. When I just want to raise one part (Piano), it seems like I have to raise everything. Obviously, I can correct this all in my DAW. Just think it should be easier for me to figure out how to tweak it in BiaB, so I must still be missing something. I also did seem to have a bit of luck toying with velocity offset in the advanced patch maps for the piano. I didn't create and save a patch map. Just entterred an offset value and updated the map. Again, this doesn't seem to be a very smooth way of raising the level on one track. Can't say I've noticed as much a discrepancy when draggin RT sets into Sonar, the level of the different parts seems to be close enough to each other. It's the audio translation of the midi notes that has me wondering. Boosting the audio amplitude on everything makes me feel like I'm using a hammer to resolve an issue better fixed with a screwdriver. Hoping, someone out there with more knowledge can respond to our comments and give you a better answer to your question.

Cheers
Glen

DAW SOFTWARE: Cakewalk Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab
DAW PC: Win11, Intel i9-12900 CPU, MSI MAG Z690 Tomahawk, 64GB RAM, ZOOM Livetrack L-12, Yorkville YSM1P-II Monitors