I like the ability to add not only real tracks to RB projects, but also MIDI tracks from styles. Unfortunately, there is no convenient way to search for a style that has the instrument I want to add. And even if I know which styles have the instrument I want, it is time consuming to load and generate a part only to decide that it isn't a good fit.

One workaround is to use the hybrid style maker to create custom styles for each instrument. Instead of putting parts for guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, strings etc in these specialty styles, I fill ALL the parts with the same instrument, but from different styles. In other words, all 5 instruments in my STRINGS style would be strings. That way, by loading one style I can quickly demo multiple different styles for the same instrument. If I want to catalog more than 5 possibilities, I can create as many STRINGS1, STRINGS2 compliations as I need.

After creating specialty styles for all the instruments I want, it becomes easier to find and include MIDI parts into an RB project. This is especially useful for instruments that aren't yet developed as real tracks

Last edited by Pat Marr; 07/31/10 06:30 PM.