Hey John, just bring along a chicken wire cage, you'll be fine....

I haven't been through the rural South since the 70's but I remember stopping at a few places like that usually in the middle of the day just to check things out on the way to one of our big hotel gigs in Florida or wherever and man, it's a different world that's for sure. The locals were not too impressed with a bunch of long haired musicians from LA either, we'd just grab a burger and be gone asap.
I could be watching a movie with some friends when I got home and there would be a scene in a bar like that with all the usual Hollywood cliche people and I would tell them yeah, that's about the way it really is and it sounds like it's still the way it is. Gun racks and nobody's too concerned about drinking and driving.
One word: "Deliverance"
I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a place like that at midnight on a Saturday. You kiddin me?
I really hope for your sake you can find a decent venue.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.