Hi Jim...thanks for your nice comments. The little VOX practice amp was a real surprise. I recently bought this amp online at Amazon.com for $99 after having heard a friend's amp. He used it for his lap steel guitar just so he could practice anywhere, since the amp can run on six "C" cell batteries. I bought it so I could practice without having to hook up a lot of stuff. The extensive onboard effects and amp/cab modeling, and lineout for recording would be pretty impressive on any amp but even moreso for one in this price range (...the day after I got mine the price went to $129, but still a deal!). I used a Fender Nashville Power Tele (active electronics) to record the guitar lead, set on the neck pickup with full tone and volume. VOX setting utilizes the #2 CLEAN (has auto compression) amp/cab setting and the TREMOLO/REVERB setting with reverb turned off (we always add reverb in the studio DAW) and the TREMOLO setting at max modulation and speed set to match the song's speed. Keep on pickin' !

Bob