I have a Roland Sonic Cell and frequent the Sonic Cell forum. This question has come up a lot concerning the new Sound Canvas. The consensus seems to be it sounds a lot like the Sonic Cell without the SC features like the mic and instrument input, guitar modeling, ability to mix mp3 or midi files on it etc for half the price. That means it's a good sounding modern Roland sound module, it has a collection of Fantom and other Roland keyboard sounds and whether or not it's as "good" as the Ketron is a matter of personal taste. I think my SC sounds great and I've listened to all those Ketron demo's Mac posted last year and the Ketron sounds great too. Both are certainly comparable to my Kurzweil and Korg keyboards. When you get to this level they all sound good, it usually boils down to a few certain patches you just have to have and you wind liking one a little bit over the other. It can be very difficult to find that out before you buy one though. It usually takes some time to play with all these different synths to realize that yeah, those strings or that slap bass or a particular trumpet are a bit better on one or the other. Even then, apply some EQ or other effects and voila' one will sound just as good as the other.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.