Quote:

It's hard to sing a song convincingly or effectively that you just learned

Don't I know it! I often complain to myself- why the hell do I write stuff that's hard for me to sing? It's my own material, I can do whatever I want! LOL! We writes 'em as we hear 'em, right?!

Quote:

Why don't you just download the track files (see above) and SHOW me what you're talking about. I think it would be fun, and I'd love to hear what you do with it. Also, re-sing it if you want. We talked about this kind of thing a while back. Knock yourself out if you're up for it.

I'm just too busy at the moment. Between the day job, gigs, and writing, my plate is full. I used to do remix stuff all the time, but I generally do that when I think I can offer something better. You have all the chops needed my friend. I'm just talking out loud with you- two guys sittin in the studio throwing around ideas about form and gear, is all.

Quote:

Leaving the tech talk for a minute, I'm REALLY impressed with what I was able to create with BIAB and no other instruments or fancy equipment. I have a hundred grand in instruments and audio gear sitting here and I'm recording stuff that sounds as good as anything I've done...ON A LAPTOP! Man...I guess that's what it's come down to. I really believe that a reasonably talented singer/songwriter with a bit of computer skill could do a whole album and get it out there with this software. Amazing. I don't think anyone who hasn't done recording the old fashioned way, like you and I have, can really appreciate the implications and capabilites we have now.

You are SO right Bob. I feel more than a little guilty! I mean, I have a fully stocked studio too and since biab, all the gear is just kind of looking at me frowning. That's how much biab has to offer. I still work the crap out of my biab compositions, but I swear it's akin to having a bunch of fantastic musicians come in and lay down tracks for me. It's almost surreal, especially after nailing all the instruments in a couple of hours. Surreal, and just a little guilty! But you know what- I'm OVER it! I haven't had this much fun, maybe ever.

Quote:

BTW...have you been gone or something? Haven't seen you around here for a bit.

I've been here every day catching up. But I've got another song coming too. All biab, and I like it a bunch. It's been keeping me busy, so I haven't been posting much. A week or so and I'll post it. I was gonna cut vocals tomorrow but I blew my voice out gigging this weekend. I am NOT fond of outdoor festivals! So, I'll work on the music some more.

See you soon. You nailed another great one this time Bob! Keep that muse going!

Dan