John,

this was outstanding! At a time when much of what's posted here consists of 100% real tracks, you actually played most of the parts in this song! I respect your ability not only to play the parts, but also to assemble it into an exceptional mix. Well done! This hilights the usefulness of BIAB and RB as serious recording tools for those who want to rapidly prototype a song then record their own performances in the final product.

I liked the way you brought various instruments in and out of the mix (the oboe lent a particularly nice sound.) My least favorite was the tremelo (leslie?) guitar.. each time it played, it sounded like an interruption to me. I would like either to hear more of it (to establish its place in the theme) or less of it (to homogenize the mood created by the other accent instruments)

I agree with Noel that the style fits the mood of the song. I also agree that subject-pronoun agreement is less confusing when you keep it consistent throughout the lyrics, unless you purposefully intend to force the listener to consider certain comments in the light of more than one person for some reason. But that didn't appear to be the case in this song, unless I'm missing something.

But given the overall quality of the composition, all of my comments are about miniscule considerations. I am totally impressed by the wide range of skills required to make this song. You are a very talented man.