interesting side note:

I've noticed that the best productions often draw the most criticism. I have my own theory about why this happens, but the bottom line is that nobody should ever feel offended by criticism here on the forum. More often than not, it is the best evidence that your work is taken seriously by those who listened to it.

Above all that, the more effort one invests in a song, the more room there is for criticism (and also praise). If your song is an instrumental with all realtracks, you can only be judged on composition and mixing/mastering. But if you ...

write lyrics
sing
add vocal harmony
play any of the backing parts
play a solo
play a harmony to a solo
add effects
mix
master

all of those introduce opportunity to do something that might be criticized, even though the complexity of getting it right increases exponentially with every feature the writer adds him/herself. It's worth noting that each of these is a different skill which must be learned and cultivated individually... yet the composition tends to get judged as a whole, which dramatically raises the bar for those who do more of the work themselves.

This is a very supportive group. It's been a long time since I've seen a member smack down anybody who was trying to learn the craft of songwriting. But it's also a group that has enough collective experience at it that even the best stand to hear some constructive criticism. And when you hear it, IMHO, it means that people are listening respectfully to your music.