The fretlight guitar topic may soon be moot. Is it me or does the guitar seem to be waning in popularity? It is no longer king of the instruments. Synthesizers are the 'in' instrument at present. I'll go to Billboard's website and listen to the 'hot 100' from time to time and guitars are not that prevalent. And it seems increasingly so. Everything is a fad and the guitar really started coming into its own in the 50s and I had to have one. But is the fad over and is the synthesizer here to stay for a while? Technology being the instrument you really need to learn. The guitar relegated to a backseat?

You, of course, can go to the 'rock' and 'country' section and guitar is still king but they are not the big sellers, pop is (Rap type music is listed as pop now). Not to offend anyone, and I played country for years in clubs, but I've always said that 'country' is always 20 years behind pop and rock music. So, with time, will rock and country start leaning toward the synthesizer? It seems to me to be headed that way.