Quote:

Quote:

Bob,

Wouldn't the MIDI function of that guitar come in handy for your shows and making fake discs?

Perhaps, but from what I have read, there is some latency involved in the MIDI guitar, and that would absolutely drive me crazy. But I have to admit, I haven't thought about that until you mentioned it, and now I'm seriously thinking about it.

Hmmmmmmmmm...........................

Notes ♫

regarding the making of styles and fake disks:

I have noticed a difference in the realism of a midi guitar patch depending on which controller I use to record the notes. If I play the notes on a keyboard, then apply a guitar patch, the end result does not sound like a guitar to my ears. But when I record the notes with my midi guitar, THEN apply the guitar patch, I do hear a difference... It sounds more like a real guitar to me. Apparently the guitar controller picks up MIDI nuances that are not generated by a keyboard.

In fact, after doing it both ways, when I download a midi file I can usually tell what controller was used to record the guitar part... it's that obvious . (You may want to conduct your own comparison test)

I have seen the same thing reported in various music forums by others when they first get a MIDI guitar and start applying patches to the tracks created with it. Part of what you sell is realism. Depending on how your comparison works out, creating styles with guitar parts recorded on a midi guitar could be value-adding.

Regarding latency... that's come a long way in recent years. If the midi signal is created in the same way as in the Godin guitars, it's probably pretty good. What I read about your guitar leads me to believe it probably is.

Last edited by Pat Marr; 11/24/10 09:20 AM.