I take it back... the changes I made DIDN'T work... they only got the menu to populate with patch names.

Whether I put the MSB or the LSB first, the list still populates with patch names, but in both cases picking a patch from the list executes the GM patch of the same number. It's as though the MSB and LSB are totally disregarded, because there are no red flags if I present them incorrectly. This must be a RB bug, because the same MSB and LSB properly change patches in BIAB, so the synth accepts it. I'm wondering if the problem lies with RBs "compile to binary"

The problem appears to be four-fold:

1) the first is that the .ini file generated by RB puts all the banks under one [header] but the menu will only display 128 patches under a header... the rest get dropped from the list

2) the RB menu does not LIST The patches in the pick box when they are formatted in the usual way, unless BOTH the LSB and MSB are zero. If either MSB or LSB column has a value besides zero, there will be no patches in the pick list.

3) after I reformat to get a menu list, it treats the menu list as general midi

4) you can forget the (bank x) and (BankLSB x), they seem to be totally disregarded

I'm still using version 2009.5, it's possible that this is fixed in newer versions.

Is anybody out there successfully using a patches.ini file in Real Band ?

Can somebody with version 10.5 or a beta tester for version 11 test what I'm saying and let me know if it works for them?

(continuing to experiment)

Last edited by Pat Marr; 11/22/10 05:04 AM.