Quote:

Ryszard,

Thanks for the tip on the Behringer B1030 monitor speakers. It looks like they are about $200.00 each, and I was hoping to get a pair of speakers for about $300.00. Maybe it is unreasonable to find a decent pair speakers for $300.00. Or, are you thinking that one speaker is sufficient? I can see that you could use a single speaker for a reference, but not to mix in the stereo field. Any help here would be helpful as I'm just trying to feel my way in all this stuff that is pretty new to me.

Thanks, Steve

My apologies for not scrutinizing the deal more closely. When I bought my Truth B2031A's in 2007 they were sold as matched pairs, being calibrated to within 1.5 dB of each other. Apparently their manufacturing processes have improved to the point that they can sell them separately and still expect a good match. It didn't even occur to me that they would not be in pairs.

So, take a look at the Behringer Truth B3030A active monitors. At $165 each at GC they're a little above your price point (free shipping, though).

I stand by my statement that their performance is equal to speakers costing 2 to 3 times as much. These have larger woofs than the ones I originally recommended and *ribbon tweets* to boot!

Two of us (band members and associates who have home studios) got the B2031A. The others who got the KRK and Mackies, and paid more, were sick when they heard the difference. I'm just sayin' . . .

R.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."