Quote:

Time-stretched and mixed in Reaper (haven't got 2011 yet), with GPO4 instruments on the MIDI string parts, also generated by BIAB

What was the tempo in biab originally? You mean to say you're just time stretching the 2 mix to make it faster or slower, or the whole multitrack project in reaper? This track is nice, but it sounds heavily spliced together- no human feel and breathing going on. When I bring over my keeper tracks into reaper, I do a ton of editing as well. My keeper real-tracks are really just what I consider to be clean and for the most part, a good performance- but not perfect. I get what I want with editing in reaper, as opposed to endless regenerating in biab/rb. There are lots of edits I do to tighten up timing, but that is a tricky process of choosing your battles. You don't want to squeeze the life out of it. After all, the charm of real tracks is a less than perfect human feel. This track feels quantized heavily, how ever it got like that. All seems fine except for that. At least for me, anyway. Nice sounding experiment. I did one of my own early on too, running biab and real tracks through their paces. It was fun!

Dan