Mr. Conley, regarding your comment about Macs, "Not so for Mac, and it's why it's stuck as being a pretty thing for playing with pictures, and has not been in use as a enterprise wide system, say for a bank." I can only say thank God and I hope they never change that.

I have worked professionally recording/editing video and audio on computers (Macs) since the mid nineties and I think lots of folks would agree that Macs have historically, though PCs have made great progress in that area, been the primary platform for professionals "playing with pictures" not to mention "playing with audio". Not sure what you mean by "pretty thing". I suspect you are referring to the interface which I believe is much more aesthetically appealing. When I use windows it's like watching black and white TV. But that's just my opinion and I'm sure lots of folks would feel the opposite. But yes, I accept my Macs (I think I currently have five) as pretty things for playing with pictures and sounds. It's just that I think that's a good thing and you seem to look down on those creative and artistic endeavors.

I wouldn't recommend Macs for my accountant or banker (which it seems you hold in higher esteem than us artistic types) because PCs are obviously better for crunching numbers, as in your application above. Nor would I belittle my accountant or banker because they "play with numbers", which would be extremely boring to me.

Each platform has it's place, it's strengths, and it's weaknesses.

Look, I think BIAB is a super program and is so much better than it was years ago when I was using it. I apologize if I offended anyone by stating my feelings. I was encouraged by BIAB reps to post in the forum when I spoke to them on the phone.

However, I stand by my statement that I feel anyone who buys something and discovers they have paid more than someone else paid for a newer version of the same product, which also includes a great program that they can't have, is probably going to be upset and I don't think that's good PR for any company. Please understand that it's not the money...it's just the feeling, right or wrong, of being somehow treated unfairly.