For me to be a potential customer, you need to give me at least some sort of free trial period, or as is the case with PGMusic, a 30-day money back guarantee. I'm not going to lay down big bucks for software that I may never use (although, interestingly, I have laid down big bucks for software that I ended up not using very much, or even at all). But that was my choice...

Back it the DOS days, I really liked the shareware concept. Try before you buy. And if I liked it, I bought it. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who don't [buy it].

I also suspect there are a lot of people that illegally download the software just to add to their collection, and then never use it. Yes, it's an illegal copy, but I doubt it's a lost sale.

Likewise for music, unless it's a group I already know, I also want to hear the music before I buy it. If I like it, I'll buy it (he says some 1500 vinyl albums, 800 cassettes, and 2000 CDs later).

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com