I don't think that creating an "unregistered user" forum is practical, because who's going to post there? And who's going to bother to answer?

It's the same problem with the idea of creating an .xxx domain extension - if it ever happened, the first thing that would take place would be that it would be locked down so no one could get to it.
Quote:

Why should I help people who steal Band in a Box or any other PGmusic software?

You've got no obligation to help anyone on this forum. For those that choose to do it - yourself included - thanks!

But PG doesn't currently require anyone on the forum to prove they're a registered user. So for you to personally go on the attack against someone you suspect is not a registered user seems to me to cross a line.

The danger isn't so much to the person who's posted the question as it is to other people who run across what's seen as a hostile thread. It takes very little to destroy good will between a company and its customers.

As was pointed out on another thread, the "PG Music" logo confuses people - myself included - into thinking that they are getting an "official" response from the company itself.

I believe that the vast majority of warez users were never potential users of the software in the first place. Creating draconian policies against these sorts of folks often backfires against your own customers.

Similarly, I think trying to root these folk out of the forum creates an air of hostility that also is harmful in the long run.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?