I have had 'users' send me a private message and seek help after trying to send them to live help.

I remember the one, who obviously balked at the update, and found the previous version of the software on-line, for free. He told me that the users on the board were almost totally against spending anything on the update (July version) because it was a waste of time, so he was going to just keep using his current version.

We also get a LOT of people who post less than 10 times, who ask a question, don't wait for the answer, or who don't say they even read the answer. Sometimes you go to great lengths to answer some question and then they never seem to come back.

I'm just more suspicious, because someone who is smart went to the trouble to search the net, find my email address and send me a rant that he was using the latest version for free and that we were all morons sitting around waiting for our hard drives in the mail. He then told me how to get 2010.5 for free, and that the forum would give you all the advise you needed. No need for support.

Perhaps I'm more sensitive since the cancer and brush with 'mortality', or the disabling side effects, drugs, and on-going monthly screening while holding my breath. I certainly have far less patience than before, if I had any then. People who are having a melt down over minutiae seem somehow frivolous, though I admit when I worked feeling the same about my family when I'd dealt with deaths at work.

John Conley
Musica est vita