I’m happy to say that I got in on BIAB all the way back to the days when you could get the whole program on a couple of floppies. I downloaded the demo, loved it and bought it.

I’ve bought the upgrades every time up until 2009. I haven’t been able to afford the upgrades since then, even though some of the changes made were changes I asked for, (in particular the ability to use bluegrass styles the way they’re written, instead of the way they were programmed previously, aka 8th’s vs 16th’s).

If we want companies like PG to be around in the future, then we have to support them by BUYING their product, not stealing it. I admire PG for not taking draconian measures to prevent software theft, because someone will always find a way around the “anti-theft” measures. And that would only create hassles for legitimate users. (Anyone used LOGIC with the “dongle”? If you haven’t, trust me, you don’t want to!)

So even though I could conveniently click on the link that was provided in the first post by John and jump up 3 upgrades, I won’t.

I’ll wait until I can afford to buy it. If that day doesn’t come, I’ll continue to use BIAB 2009 and still have one of the best programs available for musicians.

I’ll also know that I supported a relatively small company that has a passion for music.

And I can hope they’ll be around for many more years to come because others have supported it too.

P.S. John, ...... Just because we know they're thieves around doesn't mean we need to put a note on the front door telling them the key to the door is under the flower pot on the front porch, .................. aka the link you provided. The least we can do is make them look for it!

Last edited by bobcflatpicker; 12/29/10 03:06 AM.