Quotes my kids about a year ago...when exhorted to use Open Office..."geez Dad every moron knows you can get Word just by using any of the torrents." I found all the top searches of wanting to buy the software were pirated. In fact the only link that showed up near the top was paid for by pgmusic.

I also was told some other stuff with my now 21 year old son hovering over my shoulder....see Dad..this one can't be the software, it's there for idiots, the size is wrong, it's a virus for sure. And if it says "Nekkid pics of teen star ...and the size isn't right for 2 pics at least then that's some virus too.

That being said, two friends have computers with illegal versions of xp, they bought the boxes off some friend's kid who makes them, one was running an Elvis tribute show and his soundcard quit working. I looked at what was there and the computer on bootup told him he probably was running an illegal version..then it disabled his Gina card drivers that always worked. NOTHING would let him download and install new drivers. He even found the old ones and they wouldn't work. He went out and bought xp, reformatted his drive (I wish he didn't phone me every ten minutes...while doing that) and then voila, the card worked. Go figure.

I guess with 500 CD's kicking around and all legit software I'm a sort of puritan, heck even the biab songs I have found on-line I don't use the melodies anyway, just backing.

John Conley
Musica est vita