Quote:

I think PGmusic has a great tactic with copy-protection etc. EVER SINCE THE REALTRACKS GOT THAT HUGE, PEOPLE CAN´T DOWNLOAD FROM TORRENTS OR FILESHARING SYSTEMS ANYMORE. That`s why they only have real old versions or new versions without Realtracks. Nobody downloads 80GB from a torrent not knowing if they get the parts all together, if it is offered at all. In this matter I think the stolen Software is like a Demo which helps pirates getting in touch with a programm they usually start buying months or years later.

I think that`s why PGmusic doesn`t have a copyprotection. They just don`t need it, they convince us with quality. If you want the Realtracks you need to buy it anyway. So I congrat PGmusic for their decicion (I know its a money issue also to put a copyprotection on;-) not to bother us with USB dongles, register licencing like Adobe, which never works and you have to have a stolen serial to make the legal bought copy work again, or other unnessecary stuff like that.

Sandra

excellent point, Sandra. ALthough I'm sure some die-hard pirates WOULD take time to download the whole thing. But the size probably does slow down the efforts of most casual pirates. I have friends from Peru who tell me that there you can buy warez at the mall! The kiosk has a computer set up and they copy from their stash to CD as the customer waits... but even in that case, they wouldn't make much money filling up a huge number of CDs or providing a USB drive at pirate prices...