Quote:

Well, the .pdf that is in my RB folder is for 2010.5, and it has tons of stuff that is wrong. It cites dropdown menus that don't exist, files that aren't there, etc.

can you give specific details on the dropdown menus that are cited in the manual but which don't exist?

Quote:

The problems I'm having now are not going to be solved by a right-click. I can't figure out how to configure the program to record from my Line 6 XTLive. Tutorial says that this should be easy, as long as the audio drivers have been set up correctly. Well, apparently not. When I use MME, I hear Real Band but no XTLive. When I choose ASIO drivers, I get no sound from anything.

OK, let's go back to MME for starters since that's usually easier than ASIO.
Now look for the AUDIO DRIVERS button. After you click it, There should be two windows: one for input device and one for output device. Your Line6 should show up in the input device window. Is it there? If not, that leads to a different discussion.

If it is there, next question ... is it selected?

Quote:

This really should be a bit more user friendly.

audio configurations are a bear in pretty much every music software. I really hate messing with mine once it works. The good news is that once you get it set up, you shouldn't need to change it, and it should work from then onward.