Quote:

Question. When opening a new file, the patches playing are the old Techno. Once (if) biab and the JV are correctly set, opening a new file should send a control change for those instruments saved in the biab song file, right? I have just assumed this is so....
Is there a setting for this I'm missing in biab?

You likely will not see the patch changes on the synth until you hit 'play' on BiaB. This is when it would send the patch changes via the MIDI out, not when it loads the file.. which is standard for any sequencer/DAW/accompaniment software. Makes sense, you may be loading one song while playing the synth as a segue, or still using it for another song in a live setting, etc. You wouldn't want the patches to change until the new song starts. As an even more 'in-depth' reason for this read on -

Say the patch in the synth has a flange effect to the sound. If it launched the sound when loaded, the flange may start it's cycling then, and depending when you hit play the flange may be at the top of a cycle or the bottom. Having the flange start when triggered by the sequnce ensures the cycle is replicated as desired.. even more true when you use the sequencer to contol an effects module. Nice to know how that effect is going to sound when you need it. We used to 'time' the patch change on both a Boss SE-50 and Yamaha FX-500 effects modules for this reason when using a computer for the click (and lights and video etc).

Last edited by rharv; 05/01/11 10:56 AM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome