Interesting thread.

I like the voiceworks for all the reasons given by Rob... I hate having to make changes with foot pedals.. I like things to be programmed in advance to whatever degree of complexity I need. The voiceworks is a truly programmable unit capable of far more functionality than the newer audio driven units... and the relative price of each testifies to that.

One of John's objections in past discussions is that he didn't want to reprogram hundreds of songs. For his needs, I think he made the perfect choice. The GTX works right out of the box on the fly and gives him hands-on control, which is what he prefers.

The sound quality of all these TCHelicon units is very good no matter which one you get. When deciding what to buy it boils down to a question of whether convenience or control is most important to you. Also, how much time you want to invest in making the songs work with the unit... the voiceworks is more time-consuming, but also more powerful.

Whether you drive a vocal processor with MIDI chords or audio chords, you'll need a way to send a unique chords-only signal. RB allows multiple MIDI ports, so it's easier to send clean MIDI chords to the VoiceWorks with that program.

If your setup provides a way to split audio signals to multiple outputs (mixer, splitter, sound card with muliple outs etc) then you should be able to send a clean chords-only real track to the GTX device.

Or, you could use it as it was designed, play directly into it and let your playing trigger the chords.