Quote:

The Demos are useless. Does this not make sence ? Thanks for your support
Regards,
Greg

Greg,

I've been trying to tell you that when I stream any of the web demo files here, they are not thin sounding at all. They are very near to spot on if not spot on as far as gain staging, EQ and the rest of it. My system with pc is normalized as to sounds coming out of the soundcard and into the mixer. I keep my mixer's input channels EQ shelving at or near the 12 o'clock mark, too.

There is something going on with your computer system and the soundcard or the connection to the mixer that is causing this problem for you.

First thing to try when troubleshooting audio problems is substitution.

Take a CD player that has the same 1/8" stereo output on it, such as for earphone output, disconnect the plug to mixer from your computer soundcard, and plug it into the CD player. Now, without changing any settings on the PA system, play a CD that you know sounds good to you. We call this a "reference recording" in the biz, which simply means a well mixed and mastered recording in a genre that you know and also a recording that you've listened to long enough that you have a good idea what it should sound like.

Fisrt thing to find out is if that CD sounds the same as your Band in a Box demo songs when played back through the same channels and system, or not.

If the CD sounds great, nice and full, then the fickle finger of fate points to something within your computer system. Might just prove that what you really are finding out is that it is time to purchase, install and use a good aftermarket sound device that has better output and more control.

Again, I know you may be thinking that I'm just some fanboy or that I work for PGMusic (I don't) and am trying to lead you astray here, but nothing could be further from the truth. The web posted demo songs sound great here. Been streaming them and listening through my reference nearfield monitoring system in my home studio as I type this. They sound ready for radio, man. And they are.

--Mac