Earlier this week I ordered the new release of Biab 2012 on Hard Drive.

I paid the extra $$ for the hard drive installation for the convenience of having the complete program pre-assembled, installed, ready to play and avoid the hassle of downloads.

This morning I receive an email from PG Music Sales:

"Dear Band-in-a-Box Customer,

Thank you for your recent order of Band-in-a-Box 2012 for Windows!

Following is the link to download RealTracks Set 146: Jazz Fusion Soloing that was part of your UltraPlusPAK or EverythingPAK purchase....

We will be adding some additional styles to this set shortly! We will send these to you as soon as they are finalized."

Sooo...Pg Music's proclaimation, 'Band in a Box 2012 is here!" doesn't mean it's complete. Apparently it means they're just ready to take consumer's money now and send the rest of the parts later, self-assembly required.

Unbelievable! The point of paying extra for the hard drive version is the convenience of receiving a completed product. Helloooo?

Had PG Music disclosed something to the effect of, "OK. You can get 2012 now, but we haven't quite finished everything and we'll send the rest later", some users anxious to get their hands on the update would probably have pulled the trigger, but I'd have waited for completion.

PG's less-than-honest release didn't offer any such disclosure.

Unfortunately, this seems to be a growing trend. Previous releases have had similar buy-it-now-we'll-send-the-rest-later post-purchase gotcha's.

My order hasn't yet arrived. And since no tracking was provided there's no clue when it will arrive. When it does, it will be returned to PG Music for refund or completion of the assembly.