Hello,

Sync capability generally means a particular software has the capability to send and/or receive MIDI Time Code (MTC) and/or SMPTE time code.

At the moment, BIAB or Real Band is not capable of sending or receiving MTC or SMPTE time code. It is the only software in my studio that is not capable to sync to anything. This is the main reason studios won't use BIAB.

I digitally transfer all my BIAB output to a DAW. Instrument tracks in mono, mostly and Real Drums in stereo. All my processing and mixing is done on the DAW.

Since BIAB is not able to sync to my DAW, when I transfer I use the count-in stick hits to visually line up the tracks in the DAW. You will need to record at least the first stick hit with every instrument. I just finished a CD for a client with 9 BIAB songs. This method allows me to have more than a 5 piece band in my backing track.

If BIAB becomes MTC capable, it will save me a lot of time . . . and a lot of $$ for my client.

I'm not a software tech, so I can not understand why its so difficult to make BIAB sync capable

I'm probably one of the very few commercial studio owners using BIAB professionally. No MTC on BIAB really sucks for me.

Ed