Carlos, thank you for your kind words.

After more than 30 years in studio and live sound, I've seen a lot. When it comes to recording in the studio, studio owners like myself, loves disorganized artists and producers. Back in the analog days, before BIAB was invented, the going price for a 1" 16 track project studio around here was around $15 to $40 per hour with an engineer. Most of the studio clients were for local demo projects. Lot of the clients were young amateur musicians. They never rehearse well enough to be truly ready to record, or they just are not good musicians.

Even today, things have not changed much. Even seasoned local musicians that come into the studio to do solos are mostly "live" players. "LIVE" . . . you can get away with a lot. In the studio, you need to "WRITE" the solo . . . you just can't "wing it" unless you're Eric Clapton. Once the solo is "written" AND WELL REHEARSED, then its finally time to do it in the studio. I stopped counting many years ago, how many times I had to teach or explain someone "how to" write a solo.

Before I take on a project I always listen to a "boom box" recording of their rehearsal. That tells me more about the band than anything else. In the last few years I've told a number of bands that they are not ready to record in a studio.

The last band I turned down was a group of college kids that "jammed" together a lot. Since their songs were pretty simple, I fired up BIAB, entered the chords, picked a "style" that was similar to their song and I pressed play while I said "You guys need to be pretty close to how tight this is". Jaws dropped . . . followed by their silent stare at each other. When I played the guitar solo I generated with a few key press . . . the guitar player walked out of the control room shaking his head.

BIAB kind of leaves any amateur musicians in the dust. A decent local band I recorded wanted to hire a guitarist to do the solo. As usual he didn't have anything written for his 12 bar solo. After 6 hours and 12 keep-able takes, we had a couple of solos that was acceptable. Not great, just acceptable. That was $240 in studio time plus $200 the player got paid. I was not impressed.

Since the song was played to a click track, I generated a guitar solo in BIAB. A couple of places, the generated solo wasn't quite "in time" with the rest of the band. I saved the solo as a WAV file and imported it into Ableton Live. I tweaked a few places for timing and imported the finished solo into my DAW. Did it in less than 3 hours. When I played the song for the band leader . . . he was blown away.

BIAB is a great tool to write solos. Its usually easy enough to learn for a decent player.

BIAB if just GREAT in a studio environment !

Thanks
Ed