Quote:

I just wonder whether some of the tutorials could do with a little updating.

I used the mysuperpc.com site to build my computer which I assembled about 10 months ago. The tutorals were spot on at that time. I had my computer assembly set up on one table and my laptop on another and kept cosulting the instructions as I went. The only hitch I had in the whole process was my own fault. When I discovered that my i7 2600K, had its own cooling fan, I decided not to install the fan recommended by my superpc (ZALMAN CNPS9500) which I had already ordered but thought that I would return. When I fired up the PC for the first time, the Intel provided CPU fan didn't turn. After I checked all the connections, I came to the conclusion that the stock fan was no good out of the box. Unfortunately, the third party fan, unlike the stock fan, had connections that went to the underside of the Motherboard so I had to completely disassemble everything and start over....#@^^!!!.

By the way, here is the screenshot of the Geekbench score on that new PC:

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti