Eddie,
I have been like that for so long I forget and really feel for you, mate.
I have similar but different problems but they too blight my life and some say that the 1st step to recovery is talking about it, SO you have taken the 1st step here.

How to get out of it?? Richard's post is good sound advice and please google Depression. I found the BBC Site good but then I am in the UK. (Forget the "Conditions that can cause depression" bit cos that is a load of b*ll*x, and I say that from my Medical point of view as I was a Dentist)
Laughter is the best Medicine so read Don's joke thread, some are funny (sorry Don!!!)

I make a point of firing up BIAB everyday and try to start playing with it from a different angle. I have even read the manual and often go "oh yeh so THAT'S how you do it".I also do the same to the other programs I have on my computer and have learnt some good stuff, most of which I have sadly not used yet. I look at my guitars and try to play at least one everyday but sometimes that fails, so I polish them instead and then rearrange my "studio". Usually I then need a few hours to get the b*st*rd working again so that takes my mind of things for a while. I haven't recorded for maybe 6 months.
I have a radio tuned to a rock station in case I wake at night so I dont have silence and time to think as I try to get back to sleep.

Some sites I find interesting Major Geeks specially the Off topic links, gives me a laugh sometimes! How to Geek and for music Sound on Sound Forums Kills a few hours

Alyn